Hey LPCF Fam,
As you all know Gov. JB Pritzker announced on Tuesday, May 5th a five-phase plan to get Illinois reopened as the COVID-19 pandemic slows its toll on health care providers. The plan, from “Rapid Spread” to “Illinois Restored.” We are excited and of course cautious, and we really appreciate your input and thoughts on reopening our gym.
Phase 3 of Governor JB Pritzker’s plan to “Reopen Illinois” could kick in at the end of the month if certain statistical benchmarks are reached. The plan would allow gyms and fitness clubs to offer:
1. Outdoor Group Classes (10 people or less)
2. 1-on-1 Personal Training Sessions. (Indoor)
We understand that people are all over the map about coming to the gym, staying home, what is essential, when and if the state should open up, etc. We are here to help you feel great, achieve your goals, and be the healthiest version of you no matter where you are located! We want you to feel safe, and comfortable working out whether it is in the gym, outdoor, at home or wherever you may be working out. So, if you are staying home we are going to support you. If you want to workout safely outdoors or “1-on-1” we are also here to support you.
Please read this whole email/document, then come to the zoom call
Tuesday, May 18th, 7:00 PM with your questions.
Meeting ID: 666 331 2023
Also, feel free to call/text/email. You have good questions and great ideas. We want to hear them. email@example.com
- Deep cleaning of LPCF is complete.
- Our remaining equipment, our floor matting, the various handles and knobs from doors and faucets will be scrubbed and sanitized for a clean, fresh start.
- We will begin hosting daily outdoor classes for our members at 2711 N Kenmore.
- Digital workouts will continue for those who prefer to train at home.
- Registration will open 3 days before Phase 2 begins and these classes will be for active members only.
- These class sizes will be limited to 9 members + 1 Coach.
- Athletes should plan to bring their own mat and water.
- Antibacterial wipes will be provided for use before & after every class.
- Equipment will be stored securely on-site. (Barbells, Dumbbells, Kettlebells, etc.)
Tentative Schedule (Weather Permitting)
- Monday – Friday 7:00 AM, 12:00 PM 5:30 PM
- Saturday 9:00 AM & 10:00 AM
* We will reassess the classes and days based on demand & attendance
Training Inside Of LPCF
- 1-on-1 Personal Training Sessions will be available for purchase for those interested in either ½ hour or 1 hour training sessions
- Possible use of facility on a single person unlead coaching session, but the Illinois Department Of Public Health has yet to announce rules and regulations here.
- Actively looking to purchase a “24 Hour” access system.
- We will take everyone’s temperature upon entering the gym & outdoor WOD’s. Less than 100.4 is the magic number.
- You must sign up for class in PushPress. There will be no more than 9 students allowed in each class. Each person will be assigned a 6’ space.
- If you have cold or allergy symptoms, are coughing or not feeling well please do not come to class.
- We will ask everyone to sanitize their hands as they come in, and sanitize their hands again prior to leaving.
- We will limit equipment sets and avoid sharing equipment.
- All workout stations will be at least 6 feet apart.
- Please wipe down everything you use.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid shaking hands as a social greeting & No High Fives.
- If you have been exposed to CoVid 19 don’t show up.
What about equipment? *This is dependent on moving into stage 3 “Restore Illinois”
- If you have rented or borrowed equipment and have indicated you are coming back to class we will need all equipment returned Saturday, May 30 or Saturday May 31 between the hours of 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- If you would like to wait to come back you can keep your equipment for now.
What if I am staying home?
- You will continue to have a coach assigned to you.
- You can continue doing zoom workouts, stay using TrueCoach, or some combination you work out with your coach.
- We will continue with one or two Zoom workouts Monday through Friday based on demand and attendance.
- You can continue to use the equipment you have for now.
Phase 3 (Phase 4 “Reopen Illinois” TBD)
When we reopen LPCF, we’re going to take extreme measures to ensure your safety. Phase three is all about how we can best handle bringing athletes back into our physical spaces for class.
- We’ll be managing the check in process for class so there is no physical contact with staff or any ipad.
- Doors to the training space will be kept open to avoid any repeated surface contact.
- Athletes will be encouraged to change into gym shoes before they train.
- No towels will be provided to avoid any spreading of germs in the studio.
- No shared equipment by athletes.
- Our class schedule will be spread out so there is no churn time in the lobby between classes i.e. we’ll be blocking approximately 15-minutes between each class so we can clean and to ensure no athletes leaving the studio are exposed to the athletes coming in.
- Coaches will not use any tactile cues or make any contact with athletes.
- Coaches will wear masks and utilize other PPE while coaching and athletes may do the same.
- Our intensified cleaning procedures will continue with an increase in frequency throughout the day.
- No Chalk Buckets | Liquid Chalk Only
In the coming weeks we will be implementing a number of “new normal” policies and procedures so that even when this crisis is past us, we continue to be a responsible leader in our community. We’re not quite there yet, but it does feel like we may be turning a corner in this crisis.
Stay Safe & Health