The finish line is here. This is the final week of the CrossFit Open. To celebrate the end of the Open, we’re going out with a bang! This Friday’s spirit theme is “America!”. Come with your best Red, White, and Blue! Last chance to rack up those spirit points! After the final heat on Friday, we’ll all head down to Lincoln Station to celebrate.
Before we celebrate, we have one more workout to go through.
Complete as many reps as possible in 7 minutes of:
3 thrusters (100#/65#)
3 chest-to-bar pull-ups
6 thrusters (100#/65#)
6 chest-to-bar pull-ups
9 thrusters (100#/65#)
9 chest-to-bar pull-ups
Scaled: Men use 65 lb., perform jumping chin-over-bar pull-ups. Women use 45 lb., perform jumping chin-over-bar pull-ups
Whether you are going to RX or scale this workout, this is going to be a quick and spicy workout. There’s not much strategy to this one. Go out hard, and hold on for as long as you can. This workout is a play on Fran, which almost every knows how deceivingly hard it can be.
Some tips for this workout;
- Make sure hips and shoulders are warm and moving well. Both movements place strong demand on those body parts, and moving through a thruster or pull up is easier with better range of motions.
- Make your transitions quick. There are a ton of transitions in the beginning of the workout, which can also be a lot of opportunity to lose time. Keep your thruster bar close to your pull up bar. Once you finish your set of thrusters, jump on that pull up bar as soon as you can. Keep repeating this.
- When you get to the larger sets, break them up in manageable chunks.
- Hit full range of motion for EVERY REP! A failed rep thruster takes just as much energy as a good rep.
- When feel it starts to burn during the workout, keep pushing for a few more reps. It is only 7 minutes of work!
You can take solace in that this is the FINAL Open Workout to the 2018 season for us. After your 7 minutes, we’re all celebrating like champs!
Remember to join us after the final heat at Lincoln Station, and don’t forget to sign up for a heat!