18.3 is……. all shoulders! =(
2 rounds for time of:
20 overhead squats
12 ring muscle-ups
20 dumbbell snatches
12 bar muscle-ups
Men RX 115-lb. OHS, 50-lb. DB snatches, Women RX: 80-lb. OHS, 35-lb. DB snatches
Men perform single-unders, 45-lb. OHS, chin-over-bar pull-ups (for both MU sets), 35-lb. DB snatches.
Women perform single-unders, 35-lb. OHS, chin-over-bar pull-ups (for both MU sets), 20-lb. DB snatches
Time cap: 14 minutes
Before we get into the meat of the workout, make sure to sign up for a heat. For those of you attempting the workout RX, we only have set number of rings, so slots are filling fast. Heat Sign Ups
- This workout contains a lot of highly technical movements, combined with using many of the same body parts. Do your best to stay comfortable in your sets. You may need to break up your sets a little more than normal, to preserve your shoulders. This will be a 14 min shoulder workout
- Make sure to warm up properly. Since each movement is very technical and places a lot of demand on your shoulders, you’ll want your shoulders to be primed for the workout. Focus on overhead mobility, but don’t for get to warm up your squats as well!
- Be efficient with your double unders / single unders. Since there are potentially 800 reps here, you’ll want to conserve as much as possible.
- Pay attention to Tie Breakers! In this workout the time you complete each round of single/double unders functions as a tie breaker. Make sure to get through those as efficiently as possible
- Push yourself! You never know what Friday Night Lights might do for your determination. This would be an awesome time to get that first pull up or muscle up!
Also, it’s College Night Theme! Make sure to bring your favorite text book to share or dress up as your favorite professor! (just kidding. let’s get wild like its our senior year!)